Below are five delicious summer fruits that help your skin glow and protect it from free radical and UV damage from the inside out.
- Red Grapes. Boasting more than 20 antioxidants, red grapes provide a bevy of benefits for skin. The skin of the grapes contains resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties that protects cells against oxidative damage. The nutrients in red grapes also boost elasticity and stimulate circulation to help you get that youthful glow.
- Lemon. In general, citrus fruits are excellent for skin due to their high vitamin C content. Lemons help with collagen production and can lead to less wrinkles and younger looking skin. Try drinking lemon water every day to help brighten dull skin, reduce acne and boost that rosy glow. You don’t have to get fancy to reap the benefits of lemon water –simply squeeze some into your morning glass and go!
- Watermelon. Watermelon is around 90 percent water, making it extremely hydrating for both your skin and body. It also contains important nutrients such as thiamin and vitamin C, which promotes collagen production and boosts immunity. In addition, watermelon is loaded with the powerful carotenoid lycopene, one of the most effective antioxidants for combatting free radical damage.
- Berries. Summer berries aren’t just sweet and delicious, they’re mini nutritional powerhouses. Their antioxidant content is one of the highest and they’re also an excellent source of fiber. The rule of thumb is the darker the berry, the higher the antioxidant content. However, opt for your favorites, because everything from blueberries and raspberries to strawberries and cranberries helps you fight free radical damage.
- Cantaloupe. These quintessential summer melons are rich in folic acid, which is important for the regeneration of skin cells. Cantaloupes are also another great source of the B vitamins, as well as vitamins A, C, E and K.
Visit this link to learn more about our revolutionary microcurrent facials, also known as nonsurgical facelifts.