The good news is, you can kick off the season by being healthy on Thanksgiving with a few calorie-cutting tips and healthy practices that still make it possible to enjoy the holiday.
1. Don’t show up hungry. Don’t sit down to Thanksgiving dinner or any parties on an empty stomach—it’s a surefire way to incite a binge. Don’t skip meals the day of so you can eat more later—chances are you’ll consume twice as much as you plan to. Have a healthy breakfast and some protein-rich snacks during the day to stave off those hunger pangs.
2. Hydrate. Drink lots of water to fill you up and slow down the effects of any alcoholic drinks you imbibe. Drinking water is also critical for maintaining the results from microcurrent facials.
3. Move it. If you want to maintain body sculpting results, don’t skip your workout because it’s a holiday. It’s a great way to rev your metabolism and burn a few extra calories the day of a large feast. If you can, also try to take a walk after the big meal to aid digestion and increase that calorie burn even more.
4. Skip seconds. One of the easiest ways to overeat on Thanksgiving is by indulging in seconds. Eat slowly and if you clean your plate and still want more, give your stomach a good 20 minutes to send the message that it’s full to your brain. Chances are you won’t still be hungry.
5. Load up on veggies. Serve crudité for appetizers and roast some vegetables as a side dish 0so that it will be that much easier to fill up on fiber and not get too crazy with some of the other fat-laden sides traditionally served as part of a Thanksgiving meal.
Good luck with your holiday! Click here to learn more about our body sculpting Lipo-Light sessions and anti-aging microcurrent facials.