Our under-eye skin is very delicate and sensitive, so it’s essential to treat the area with TLC. Here are a five ways to give that area the extra care it deserves and reduce the appearance of dark circles.
1. Use products that boost collagen production. As we age, collagen break downs and thins, allowing veins to show through and makes the area appear darker. Combat this with products that boost collagen, such as retinol. Make sure to apply sunscreen every day, as sun damage diminishes collagen.
2. Sleep right. Make sure to get your eight hours of sleep—but do it on your back. This will prevent fluid retention under your eyes, which causes puffiness and dark circles. For best results, double up on pillows to elevate your head as much as possible to prevent blood from building up in the under-eye area.
3. Quit bad practices. Avoid cigarettes altogether—smoking cuts the flow of oxygen to your cells and breaks down collagen. Limit alcohol intake as much as possible since it hinders restful sleep. Try to avoid rubbing your eyes, and if you suffer from allergies, take antihistamines at night.
4. Eat well. Eat lots of antioxidant-rich food to reduce inflammation and boost collagen. Decrease the sodium in your diet, as it leads to water retention and can slow down circulation. Hydrate properly with water and tea. Lemon water is also very helpful in reducing water retention.
5. Get regular microcurrent facials. Also known as nonsurgical face lifts, microcurrent facials help hydrate the skin and decrease water retention in this vulnerable area. It also stimulates the facial muscles and boosts circulation, which reduces puffiness and the appearance of dark circles.
Visit this link for information about our microcurrent facials.