1. Water. The easiest way to reduce puffiness is to flush your system with water. This should be done in conjunction with any of the other remedies below. When we hydrate our bodies properly, then we’re less likely to retain water overall. Water helps flush the toxins from our bodies and moisturizes from the inside out, so drink up when you’re feeling puffy.
2. Cold water. Repeatedly splashing your face with cold water constricts the blood vessels and helps reduce swelling. You can also hold an ice compress to your eyes for 10 minutes or so for faster results.
3. Book a Microcurrent Facial. Having a Microcurrent facial treatment will boost circulation in your entire face, which will help reduce puffiness. Plus, an experienced esthetician will know how to use the wands to stimulate the area for fast, unrivalled results.
4. Cold spoons. While some think this remedy is an old wives’ tale, it is actually very effective. Holding cold spoons to your eyes will constrict and relax the blood vessels while decreasing swelling. Put several spoons in the refrigerator for 20 minutes and then hold the rounded portion to your eye until each becomes warm. Repeat with a new spoon several times.
5. Tea Bags. This old school remedy is also very effective. You can use whatever type of tea bags you want, but we like green, white and black. These teas have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that will significantly reduce swelling, redness and puffiness. Brew some tea, let the bags cool and then apply to your eyelids. Lay down and relax for 15 minutes and you’ll see a marked difference.
Click through for information on our incredible Microcurrent facial treatments.