Follow the steps below and you’ll be able to keep your skin looking gorgeous all year long.
- Apply sunscreen daily. This is an absolute must! Wear a broad spectrum sunscreen every day, all year long. Don’t just wear it on your face either—the delicate skin on your hands, neck and decollete are at risk as well. For best results, apply it 20 minutes before you head outside. If you’re outside for a prolonged period of time, be sure to re-apply it.
- Always wear sunglasses. So many of our clients get nonsurgical facelifts to address the crow’s feet caused by sun damage and squinting. Instead, shield the sensitive skin around your eyes from wrinkles by wearing sunglasses every time you step outside. Opt for large frames and polarized lenses with UV filters to really protect your eyes and prevent squinting. Wearing sunglasses also helps prevent macular degeneration and cataracts, which cause age-related vision loss. Avoid mirrored sunglasses—they will bounce UV rays back onto your face.
- Wear hats. Rock a wide-brimmed hat whenever you plan on being outside for extended periods of time. This will help shield your face, as well as your ears and the back of your neck.
- Wear sun-protective clothing. There are actually a lot of glamourous options with a high ultraviolet protective factor (UPF) to help protect your skin. Wear long sleeves and pants whenever possible.
- Spritz your face. Carry a purse-sized, hydrating facial mist with you everywhere you go. Spray throughout the day to freshen up your makeup and bind moisture to your skin to keep it hydrated and glowing.