Read on for six excellent examples of fall produce to incorporate into your diet.
1. Pomegranates. Pomegranates are an antioxidant powerhouse. The seeds of this juicy fall fruit are packed with fiber, potassium and immunity-boosting vitamin C. Vitamin C is a potent antiaging weapon, as it helps protect against UV damage and promotes collagen production. Pomegranates are also packed with polyphenols and other antioxidant compounds that reduce inflammation and help combat chronic illnesses and diseases.
2. Beets. The rich color of this tasty root vegetable indicates high concentrations of antioxidants and carotenoids. Beets also are a good source of dietary fiber, iron, folate, potassium, manganese and antiaging vitamin C. The combination of nutrients stimulates the lymphatic system and helps get oxygen to our cells, which removes toxins from our system and gives us a healthy glow.
3. Apples. These babies are loaded with dietary fiber to satiate hunger, collagen-boosting vitamin C and polyphenols that stave off disease. Apples are also an excellent source of copper and vitamin A. Make sure to eat their skin—it contains heart-healthy flavonoids and about half of their vitamin C content.
4. Brussels sprouts. These miniature superfoods boast high concentrations of dietary fiber, folate, copper and several flavonoids with strong anti-inflammatory properties. Brussels sprouts are also good sources of antiaging omega-3 fatty acids, choline, potassium, manganese, phosphorus and vitamins A, C and K.
5. Sweet potatoes. This antioxidant-rich veggie contains the highest levels of fiber and lowest number of calories in the entire potato family. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene and lycopene, potent antioxidants that help protect the skin from UV damage and promotes eye health. They also contain good levels of niacin, manganese, copper, phosphorus and potassium.
6. Pears. Juicy and delicious pears contain one of the highest amounts of dietary fiber in all fruits. They are rich in a bevy of polyphenols and flavonoids with anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the appearance of skin conditions. Pears are also a good source of iron, copper, potassium, V vitamins and vitamins C and K.
Click through to learn more about our antiaging Microcurrent facials and body sculpting Lipo-Light treatments.