1. Don’t leave the house on an empty stomach. One of the worst things you can do is skip meals during the holidays. If you arrive at a party and your stomach is grumbling, you’ll be sure to overeat. Even if you just run out to the mall on an empty stomach, you’re bound to hit the food court and overeat. Don’t skip meals and make sure to eat a protein-rich snack before you leave the house so you can keep those hunger pangs in check.
2. Work out a little more than usual. When you eat more than usual, you need to increase your caloric burn. Hit the gym an extra day and increase the duration of your workouts for the rest of the season. Whatever you do, don’t skip your regular workouts.
3. Be selective. Opt to enjoy only those items that are truly your holiday favorites. Don’t just have something because it’s only available this time of year. It’s a waste of calories and you will probably still indulge in your favorites.
4. Employ the three bite rule. An easy way to indulge in moderation is with the three bite rule. Studies show that the most enjoyable tasting parts of a dish are the first and last. Craving dessert? Have three bites and put your fork down. You’ll have enjoyed the experience and won’t feel deprived.
5. Get Lipo-Light treatments. Don’t skip your body sculpting regimen just because it’s the holidays. If you want to start your New Year looking and feeling your very best, Lipo-Light sessions will help you do exactly that. You’ll be less apt to eat badly when you keep working on yourself.
Click here to learn more about our amazing Lipo-Light body sculpting treatments.