- Remove your makeup every night. Nighttime is when our skin repairs and rejuvenates itself—leaving makeup on all night results in clogged pores and dull-looking skin. Do whatever it takes to make sure you heed this step every single night. Even cleansing with makeup remover wipes is better than going to bed without doing a thing.
- Wear moisturizer daily. Apply moisturizer before your foundation and after washing your face at night to hydrate and help combat the damage from exposure to free radicals. For maximum results, go a step further and apply a serum before your moisturizer as well.
- Rejuvenate with Microcurrent facials. These nonsurgical facelifts make your skin glow, appear firmer and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Their effects are cumulative and actually help prevent the future signs of aging, making them an unrivalled tool in your beauty arsenal.
- Never skip sunscreen. Your skin is exposed to nasty UV rays every day, winter or summer, sunshine or snow. Protect your delicate dermis by applying sunscreen every single day. At a minimum, wear it on your face, neck and hands, and re-apply when necessary.
- Slough off the excess regularly. Exfoliation is key for maintaining a healthy glow and creating a smoother surface by removing the dry skin cells that can lead to blemishes and acne. Exfoliation allows the skin to generate fresh new cells and enhances the absorption of skincare products. Aim for twice a week or see a dermatologist to get a precise plan in hand.
2016 is here! With every new year comes so much promise and so many goals. A beauty and antiaging regimen is key for all ages, especially if you want to look and feel your very best. Make this the year you do exactly that by incorporating these excellent beauty and antiaging habits into your current regimens.