Here are five resolutions that will help you look better in 2017 while fighting the signs of aging.
1. Remove your makeup nightly. Always wash your face and remove all makeup before you go to bed. Be religious about it. When you sleep, your skin works to repair itself, so give it a blank canvas to work with. When you don’t remove makeup, your pores will be clogged and your skin will not be able to breathe. If you’re too tired, use makeup wipes as a last resort.
2. Wear sunscreen rain or shine. One of the most important things we can do to combat the signs of aging is to wear sunscreen every day single day. Apply it even on rainy days, as the sun still emits UV rays on cloudy or rainy days. Sunscreen prevents unsightly damage including hyperpigmentation, sun spots and premature wrinkles, while protecting against melanoma. Look for a product that offers broad spectrum protection and apply to your face, hands, neck and décolletage.
3. Treat your hands. Our hands show aging more than any part of our body, so protect them well. At a minimum, use a rich moisturizing cream and sunscreen every day. You may want to incorporate some of the other products you use on your face, such as retinol or a vitamin C serum. Always wear gloves when washing dishes, gardening or doing housework.
4. Start using Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that brightens your skin, decreases hyperpigmentation and repairs sun damage. Start taking a supplement every day and find a good Vitamin C serum to incorporate into your routine.
5. Commit to a series of Microcurrent facials. One of the best ways to have glowing, firm looking skin with by getting regular Micorcurrent facials. These nonsurgical treatment boost collagen, firm and tone, and gives you a youthful, beautiful glow that is unparalleled. Even if you’ve already done your 10 and are on maintenance plan, you may want to up the ante and get them more regularly. Many of our clients get them every other week or on a weekly basis.
Visit this link to learn more about the wonders of Microcurrent facials.